- 12 free-range or organic eggs
- 150 ml fresh cream
- 50 g hard blue cheese, crumbled
- 50 g fresh goat’s cheese, crumbled
- 50 g gruyère cheese, grated
- 100 g butter, diced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
- 100 g organic ham, finely chopped
- 4 slices grainy bread, toasted
Break the eggs into a clean, dry bowl, add the cream and whisk to combine.
Divide the egg mixture evenly between four small bowls. Combine the cheeses in a bowl. Do the same with the garlic, parsley and ham.
Place an omelette pan or a small non-stick frying pan over medium heat and melt 25g butter until foaming. Add a quarter of the garlic, parsley and ham and sauté gently for 1 minute. Tip one bowl of the egg mixture into the pan and swirl to cover the base of the pan. Lift up the edges of the omelette with a spatula and tilt the pan to let the uncooked egg run to the edges of the pan until cooked. It should be slightly golden underneath and a little bit wobbly when pressed with a fingertip. Sprinkle a quarter of the cheese mixture on the top of the omelette, cook until cheese begins to melt. Fold over one side of the omelette and slide onto a warmed plate. Repeat with the remaining egg, cheese and parsley mixture.
Serve with crunchy toast and Bitton Spicy Tomato Sauce.