Serves 8 approximately
- 600 g cooked lobster meat
- 300 g cooked prawn meat
- 150 g eschallot, finely diced
- 150 g fresh chives, finely sliced
- 75 g flat leafed parsley, finely chopped
- 150g celery, finely chopped
- 1 heaped teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 a lemon - zest and juice (or to taste)
- 200 g Kewpie (Japanese) mayonnaise
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 200 g Mornay Sauce (see recipe here)
- 200g gruyere cheese, grated
- 1 batch Savoury French Crepes (see recipe here)
Make a batch of savoury crepes as per the recipe provided without the filling. Set aside until required.
Meanwhile place the lobster meat, prawn meat, eschallots, celery, chives, parsley, mayonnaise into a large ceramic bowl and mix gently until well combined.
Add lemon juice, zest and season to taste.
To construct the crepes, place one crepe onto a workbench and place 3-4 tablespoons of the lobster filling on one side of the crepe. Fold the crepe over, top with a heaped tablespoon of the Mornay sauce, a little grated Gruyere cheese and then gratinate under a hot grill.Serve immediately with a simple salad.