Serves 6 to 8
- 200 g (7oz) plain flour
- Pinch of salt
- 30 g (1oz) castor sugar
- 3 medium free-range or organic eggs, lightly beaten
- 50 g (2oz) butter, melted with solids removed
- 250 ml (8.5 US fl oz)milk
- Butter for frying
- 500 ml (17 US fl oz) good quality vanilla bean ice cream
- 4 tablespoons of Bitton Orange Jelly or maple syrup or honey
For the crêpes, sift the flour, salt and sugar into a mixing bowl. Make a well n the centre of the mixture, add the eggs. Using a whisk, gradually bring the dry mixture into the eggs, followed by the milk, then the melted butter. Whisk gently until the mixture is smooth, being careful not to over-mix.
Place a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat, add ½ teaspoon butter.
Add a spoonful of the crêpe mixture to the middle of the pan, swirl to cover the base of the pan. When the edges of the crêpes turn brown, gently turn them over with a spatula (unless you feel confident you can flip them by tossing the pan up and down). Cook until golden.Turn out onto a warmed plate, fold in half, then quarters, stack and serve with a generous scoop of vanilla bean ice cream and a tablespoon of Orange Jelly or maple syrup or honey drizzled over the top.