For the confit tomatoes:
- 8 roma tomatoes, halved lengthways
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 sprigs thyme
- Sea salt and white pepper, to season
- 4 thick slices sourdough bread
- 4 balls buffalo mozzarella, thinly sliced
- 8 WA sardine fillets, canned in brine
- 1 tablespoon Bitton Chilli Oil or good quality chilli oil
- Bitton Balsamic Dressing
- Small handful of onion sprouts, for garnish
For the confit tomatoes, preheat the oven to 180°C. Placed the halved tomatoes, cut side up on a baking tray, drizzle with oil, sprinkled with salt and white pepper and sprigs of thyme.
Cook for 30 to 40 minutes until the tomatoes are soft and caramelised around the edges. Toast the sourdough bread and place each slice on a serving plate.
Top with tomato halves, two sardines, followed by thin slices of mozzarella. Drizzle with Bitton Chilli Oil or Bitton Balsamic Dressing.
Garnish with onion sprouts.