- 4 thick slices of a good quality walnut sourdough
- 120 g Stilton cheese, crumbled
- 2 D’anjou (red skinned) pears washed, cored and diced
- ¼ of a small Spanish onion, finely diced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ bunch fresh chives, finely chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper
For the salsa, place the Stilton, pear, onion and chives into a large mixing bowl.
Add the olive oil and season. Toss lightly and set aside until required. For the toast, brush the bread with olive oil. Toast each side under a grill until lightly golden.
To serve, place one slice of walnut bread on each plate, top with a generous serve of the salsa and serve at room temperature.