- 250 g pink-eye potatoes
- 50 g duck fat
- 100 g button mushroom, finely sliced
- 1 teaspoon fresh garlic puree
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped rosemary leaves
- Small bunch flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- Sea salt and white pepper, to season
Preheat the oven to 220° C. Place a large double-boiler saucepan over high heat. Add the potatoes and steam for 20 minutes. Remove and when cool enough to handle, peel and cut the potatoes into large dice. Place a large heavy-based frying pan over high heat and melt the duck fat. Add the diced potatoes and toss through the fat until golden. Remove and place on a baking tray.
Add the mushrooms to the pan and cook until golden. Then add the garlic and herbs, cooking for a further 1 to 2 minutes. Remove the mushroom mixture from the pan and sprinkle over the potatoes. Place the baking tray into and cook for about 20 minutes or until crispy. Remove from oven, season and serve.