Serves 10 to 12
- 2 Beurre Bosc Pears
- 375 g self-raising flour
- 250 g caster sugar
- 500 mls milk
- 250 g butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 5 free-range and organic eggs
- 2 Beurre Bosc pears, peeled and grated
- 150 g Belgium milk chocolate (chips or shaved)
- French butter to serve. (optional)
Preheat the oven to 180°C.
Line a 12-hole muffin tin with paper cases. Sift flour and sugar into a large bowl.
In a glass jug, whisk together milk and eggs. Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and add the milk mixture, stirring until the mixture is combined. Add the melted butter, mixing well.
Gently fold in the grated pears and chocolate chips or shavings. Spoon the mixture into the muffin trays, filling about three-quarters full. Bake for 35 minutes or until the muffins are golden and firm to the touch.Test with a skewer and if it comes out clean, your muffins are done. Serve warm with lashings of butter.