- 3 tablespoons Bitton Rosemary, Thyme and Vanilla Oil (or in a cup of olive oil steep a split vanilla pod and a sprig of thyme for 30 minutes)
- 1 brown onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 250 g button mushrooms or Swiss brown mushrooms, finely sliced
- 250 ml dry white wine
- 750 ml vegetable stock
- 250 ml fresh cream
- Sea salt and white pepper, to season
- For the cappuccino froth:
- 125 ml light milk
- Freshly grated nutmeg or ground cinnamon, for dusting
Place a large frying pan over medium heat. Add Bitton Rosemary, Thyme and Vanilla Oil. Add the onion and garlic and cook until translucent.
Add the sliced mushrooms to the pan and cook, stirring occasionally, until they are soft. Add the white wine and reduce by half. Add vegetable stock and reduce by half. Increase the heat to high and bring to the boil.
Boil for 10 minutes until the liquid has reduced by a third. Place the mushroom mixture in a food processor and process until smooth. Pour the soup into a deep saucepan and place over high heat. Add the cream and
bring the soup to the boil.Remove from heat and season to taste. Serve in warmed soup bowls or latte glasses alongside crusty bread and a green salad.