- 1 sheet of good quality shortcrust pastry (such as Carême) rolled out to fit a 22cm/23cm flan tin
- 100 g washed rind cheese, cut into thin slices
- 100 g goat’s cheese, cut into thin slices
- 50 g blue cheese, cut into slices
- 80 g cheddar cheese or gruyère cheese, grated
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 200 ml crème fraiche
- 150 ml pouring cream
- Pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
- Sea salt and white pepper, to season
Preheat oven to 200°C (390°F).
Place the pastry into the greased flan tin, press gently into the corners and trim. Cover the base of the tart with the cheese slices, layering it evenly. In a bowl, whisk the eggs, egg yolks, crème fraiche and pouring cream together. Add nutmeg and season with salt and white pepper. Pour this over the cheese-covered pastry base.
Sprinkle the grated cheddar or gruyère over the top and bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
Serve warm with a green salad and a glass of chilled white wine.