- 5 free-range or organic egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Pinch each of sea salt and white pepper
- 500 ml vegetable or olive oil
Place a clean bowl on a folded tea towel on your bench top. Whisk together the egg yolks, vinegar and mustard. Add salt and white pepper.
Continue whisking while adding the oil, drop by drop into the egg mixture, slowly increasing to a very slow stream, until incorporated and the mayonnaise is thick. This could take up to 10 minutes. Check seasoning before using the mayonnaise.