- 300 g organic rolled oats
- 3 tablespoons wholemeal flour
- 3 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- 125 g almonds, lightly toasted
- Pinch of salt
- 3 tablespoons Bitton Orange Jelly or a
- floral honey
- 3 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 200 ml milk, to serve
- European-style natural yoghurt, to serve
- Fresh berries, such as strawberries, blueberries, raspberries. In winter, use stewed or poached
- fruits such as apples, pears or quinces, to serve
- Bitton Orange Jelly or honey, to serve
Preheat oven to 180°C (350ºF). Line a large flat baking tray (30 cm x 40 cm) with baking paper. Place all dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl and mix well to combine. Add the Bitton Orange Jelly or honey and sunflower oil and mix to evenly coat the dry ingredients. Tip the mixture out onto the flat baking tray lined with baking paper and spread out evenly. Bake for approximately 10 minutes. Remove from the oven, stir the mixture so that it browns evenly. Return to the oven and bake for another 10 minutes until the mixture smells toasty and is a gorgeous golden brown.
Remove from the oven and cool. Break up any large pieces of granola so that all the pieces are bite-sized. Store in an airtight container if not using immediately. To serve, place a cup of granola in each serving bowl and pour over fresh milk. Top the granola with natural yoghurt, berries and drizzle over some Bitton Orange Jelly or honey. Serve immediately.