- 4 duck breasts, skin on
- 2 witlof bulbs, washed, dried and leaves
- 150 g curly endive, washed and dried
- 80 g walnuts
- 1 red onion, halved and finely sliced
- sea salt and white pepper, to season
- Bitton Dressing or French vinaigrette to taste
Preheat oven to 220°C (425°F).
Place an ovenproof medium frying pan over high heat. Sear the duck breasts, starting with skin side down for about 3 to 4 minutes. Turn over and sear for the same amount of time on the other side.
Place in oven for 8 minutes. Remove duck breasts and rest on a rack set over a dish to catch the juices. Reserve.
In a large bowl, place witlof leaves, curly endive, walnuts and onion. Season well and toss lightly with your fingertips. Finely slice the duck breasts and add to the salad. Drizzle over some of the duck juices. Add Bitton Dressing or French vinaigrette and mix thoroughly.
To serve, divide among 4 plates.