- 2 bunches of basil, leaves picked
- 120 g pine nuts, lightly toasted
- 3 cloves garlic
- Half cup of good quality olive oil
- 1 green birds eye chilli, finely chopped (optional)
- 1 tbsp sea salt
- Generous amount of cracked black pepper
Use the Magimix Le Mini with the larger bowl and blade.
Place the pine nuts, garlic cloves, chilli and just a little of the olive oil into the Le Mini and process for a few seconds.
Add the basil leaves, salt and pepper and process for a few seconds until roughly chopped. Then process continuously adding the olive oil in a steady stream through the top until well combined. Add a little more olive oil if required.
Place pesto into jars, topping with a little olive oil to keep its colour. Refrigerate until required.Add parmesan as you like when serving!