Strawberry & Vanilla Jam
My grandmother’s recipe captures the flavour of summer. Use to sweeten sponges, fruit tarts, biscuits, pancakes and scones. Whip up a dollop in a glass of milk with ice-cream for a milkshake. Add to hot porridge with a swirl of cream or eat it straight off the spoon. Bon appétit!
- Spread over a warmed croissant or slice of brioche.
- Stir jam over a low heat in a saucepan until melted. Add a handful of fresh strawberries and serve poured over panna cotta or ice cream.
- Spread over squares of golden brown puff pastry and sandwich together with whipped fresh cream. Dust with icing sugar to serve.
- Transform crepes, pikelets or pancakes with lashings of jam and fresh mascarpone.
- Fill ready made sweet shortcrust pastry cups with jam and top with crème fraiche.
- Serve with homemade scones and cream.
- Fill between layers of a simple sponge.
- Top your morning toast with some fresh ricotta and jam.
Strawberries (55%), sugar, lemon juice, vanilla beans.