- 1 size 16 organic free range chicken
- 3 tbsp Bitton Chilli Oil
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and sliced into quarters
- 1 large Spanish Onions, skin on, cut into quarters
- 3 medium Desiree potatoes, quartered
- 1 large cob of corn, quartered
- 1 small sweet potato, quartered
Please note that all the vegetables should be cut to similar sizes
- 1 whole garlic bulb, pulled apart but skins on
- Sprig each of thyme, rosemary, parsley, sage, leaves only
- Sea salt
Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C.
To prepare the chicken, place all the garlic into the cavity. Pour 2 tblsp of the Bitton Chilli Oil all over the chicken and rub into the skin. Season well with sea salt. Place a large deep non stick baking tray over a medium high heat on your stove top or barbeque. Add an additional 1 tblsp of the chilli oil to the tray and heat until just smoking. Seal the chicken well on all sides for a total of approximately 20 minutes. Remove the chicken from the tray and add the vegetables and herbs .
Place the chicken back on top of the vegetables, breast side up and cook for a further 35 to 40 minutes or until the skin is crispy and the meat cooked. Carve and serve.