- 80 g pure icing sugar
- 3 free-range or organic egg yolks
- 250 g mascarpone cheese
- 1 free-range or organic egg white
- 4 tablespoons powdered chocolate
- 2 teaspoons warm water
- 1/2 to 1/4 cup strong black coffee or espresso, cooled plus extra for drizzling
- 12 savoiardi (sponge) biscuits, cut in half crossways
- 6 teaspoons each of powdered chocolate and sifted icing sugar, to serve
Beat together the icing sugar and egg yolks until thick and pale. Fold in mascarpone until mixed through. In a separate bowl, whip the egg white until soft peaks form, then fold into the mascarpone mixture. Set aside.
In a small bowl, combine powdered chocolate and warm water to create a ‘chocolate’ sauce. Drizzle this on the inside of the serving glasses.
Pour the cooled coffee or espresso into a shallow dish. Soak each savoiardi biscuit in the coffee. Place biscuits in the bottom of six latte glasses. Top with mascarpone mixture, filling up two-thirds of the glass.
Add more soaked biscuits, followed by the rest of the mascarpone mixture. Smooth the top and place in the fridge to set for a minimum of 1 hour.
To serve, sprinkle the tops of the tiramisus, half with powdered chocolate and the other half with sifted icing sugar.